Sunday, June 9

14 Weeks Pregnant

I can't believe that a) it's been a month since my last post, b) I'm in my second trimester, and c) I'm still not showing in a "she's having a baby!" kind of way. 

Not my most flattering picture! Feel honored to see it! : )


The Bump: I've always had a lower belly pooch. It's my souvenir from a time when I was a much bigger girl, and I'm okay with that. But I won't be sad when the baby is no longer just pushing it out farther. Let's work on a real bump this month, baby! Ok? 
How Far Along? 14 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +2.5 I've actually lost half a pound since this time last month, but between then and now my weight has been up and down like crazy. Generally, if I think I've lost I've gained and vice versa.
Maternity Clothes: Since I wear scrubs to work and loungy clothes at home I haven't needed to wear any yet. But even my loosest non-maternity jeans are getting uncomfortable and my dress options were seriously limited for the wedding we went to a couple weeks ago. No new purchases except a cheap, basic swimsuit from Old Navy. Now if I could just find the motivation to start swimming laps again...


Wearing a dress that's normally a little big on me for the Hairston wedding


Baby Related Purchases: We set up our crib and mattress yesterday! It hasn't really hit me yet that it's not just another piece of furniture. Also, I've gotten some great yard sale finds: a small swing/vibrating seat, a few pieces of clothes, a hooded towel, and a book.
Stretch marks: I already have them from growing up (thanks, fragile skin!). No new ones, though.
Sleep: Nonexistent. Seriously, I spend about half the night lying awake or peeing.
Movement: Not that I can feel - although the baby was dancing like crazy on my 11 week ultrasound.


A blurry picture of Baby Vaughan's quickly moving face at 11 weeks.

What I miss: Sleep! And ibuprofen - Tylenol does nothing for my headaches (which thankfully are less frequent now).
Cravings: I want to eat everything! And now I feel up to cooking again, which I barely did at all during the first trimester. My ridiculous appetite paired with a lack of serious weight gain is the best thing about being pregnant so far. I'm less finicky now, although I'm not eating a ton of meat. Weirdly enough, my cravings changed from Asian (Pad Thai, sesame chicken, spring rolls, egg drop soup, homemade stir fry) to Italian (pasta, pizza, garlic bread, salad with Italian or Caesar dressing) exactly when I started the second trimester. Oh and I love really tart lemonade (Chickfila or Simply brand) when I'm feeling queasy or tired of water.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I've eaten a little broccoli and eggs lately without getting totally grossed out, but they're still not my favorites. Earlier this week I randomly threw up for the first time in my pregnancy. No idea why.
Gender: My sweet coworkers are planning a gender reveal party for us on the first weekend in July! Can't wait!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Mostly lack of sleep and awful acne. Although I still have occasional nausea, crazy hunger, headaches, and pee all the time.
Belly Button In or Out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: I experience what I call "pregnancy anger" any time I'm slightly provoked. It's intense. I'm really trying to not hate everyone, and mostly avoid speaking when I'm in a bad mood so that I don't make everyone else hate me!
Worries: Along with the pregnancy anger I now have obsessive thoughts. My latest fixation is finding the perfect diaper bag for me, which I think is going to be this one. I spend hours researching them online instead of sleeping, when I go to bed I can't sleep because I want to check if there are new posts for them on eBay, when I'm at work I'm trying to figure out the best time to go to a store and check them out in person, etc. So I'm not worried about the baby, but about what will hold his/her diapers. Haha.
Best moments this month: a great 11-week ultrasound, going to Chase and Katelyn's wedding, spending time with coworkers and church friends, and being lazy around the house with Michael.
Looking forward to: MD appointment next Friday and gender reveal party a month from now
Size of Baby: About the size of a navel orange
What Baby's Up To: Growing hair, moving around, building a bigger body compared to the head.

I'm very aware of the fact that I'm pregnant, but somehow the fact that I'll be a mother in six months is not really sinking in yet. I think once we start setting up the nursery and I look like I'm carrying a baby instead of a beer belly it'll feel more real. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment