Tuesday, July 9

18 Weeks Pregnant

Not my best picture - it was the end of a long day!


The Bump: My belly is definitely sticking out more than it was a month ago, but I still don't have much of a "bump."
How Far Along? 18 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +5-12 lbs. My weight fluctuates like crazy!
Maternity Clothes: I'm outgrowing my scrubs and gradually replacing them with a bigger size. Most of my pants and shorts are too tight for me, but my normal shirts fit fine. I just ordered some maternity shorts and linen pants, which will hopefully mean I can stop wearing the same stretchy dresses and skirts over and over!
Baby Related Purchases: I haven't bought anything recently, but we have received some wonderful gifts for our little boy: an adorable bow tie, sweet blanket, Batman Little People set, rubber ducky, shoes, books, and diapers. Also, Michael's mom gave us some of his things from when he was a baby, including his first Christmas sleeper. And my mom cross-stitched an animal afghan for us and made sweet felt animals for me to make into a mobile.


He's going to be a Christmas baby like his daddy!


Stretch marks: I already have them from growing up (thanks, fragile skin!). No new ones, though.
Sleep: Much better! I still wake up to go to the bathroom, but I can always fall back to sleep. I do have the weirdest and most intense dreams ever, though!
Movement: Not that I can feel - hopefully coming soon!
What I miss: Feeling cute in my normal clothes. : (
Cravings: I don't have many specific cravings now, but I absolutely love to eat! I've really been enjoying veggies lately, which is great since I'm getting a ton out of my garden.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I threw up this morning for the second time during pregnancy. I didn't really feel queasy till I lost my breakfast. No specific foods are turning me off, although I do feel kind of sick when I'm hot.
Gender: It's a BOY!!! For some reason we both pictured ourselves with a girl, so we were surprised. But we can't wait to meet our sweet little guy!

Our silly string gender reveal - it was blue!


Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Lots of heartburn. But everything else has calmed down a little. Thank goodness!
Belly Button In or Out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: Definitely happy that our boy is healthy so far. I'm a little moody still, but better.
Worries: A great ultrasound at 17 weeks calmed most of my worries.

Our sweet, healthy boy


Best moments this month: our awesome gender reveal party hosted by my coworkers and visits from family
Looking forward to: planning the nursery
Size of Baby: About the size of a large mango
What Baby's Up To: Moving around, hardening bones, listening to noises

I'm so excited that my little boy is growing and I can't believe that we're almost halfway done. I'm thankful to be feeling better and looking forward to becoming a mom!

2 comments:

  1. Michael's Christmas outfit looks so similar to Jason's that we dressed Lucy in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah for a boy! Having one has been one of the greatest and sweetest blessings I've ever known. :)

    ReplyDelete