Thursday, August 8

22-23 Weeks Pregnant

The Bump: In the mirror I still feel like I just have a beer belly/pooch, but in this week's picture I've got an undeniable baby bump!


20 Weeks
22 Weeks

How Far Along? 22 weeks (actually 23 tomorrow)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +15 lbs! More than I was expecting to gain at this point, but my appetite has actually decreased over the past few weeks. It’s funny - when I had only gained 3 lbs I felt hugely bloated and now I feel almost like my normal self.
Maternity Clothes: I’m still wearing a lot of non-maternity tops, but I’ll be outgrowing them soon. I’m looking forward to cooler weather to allow for a little more variety in my wardrobe.
Baby Related Purchases: Now that we know we’re having a boy I’ve gone a little overboard with buying clothes at consignment sales. And I’ve been working on some fun projects, like dying onesies funs colors, making swaddle blankets, and putting together a mobile from sweet felt animals that my mom made
Stretch marks: I already have them from growing up (thanks, fragile skin!). No new ones, though.
Sleep: Not bad. I do have more difficulty getting comfortable sleeping on my side, but my body pillow is helping some.
Movement: Yes! I felt him kick for the first time in the 19th week and I’ve felt him every day since. I LOVE feeling him bump around in there.
What I miss: Feeling agile. I’ve had a few twinges and pains from turning over in the bed wrong or standing up too quickly. It makes me worried that I’ve done something wrong, but I know I just need to slow down.
Cravings: I’m not really having cravings any more. Although sometimes I use the pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever sounds good!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not at all! Yay!
Gender: It's a BOY!!!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Heartburn, back pain, and still peeing like crazy.
Belly Button In or Out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: The past few weeks have been more stressful than usual, but I’m taking it in stride. And I’m so happy every time I think about our little boy.
Worries: Getting the nursery set up. We have almost 4 months left, but I’ll be antsy until it starts coming together.
Best moments this month: Feeling kicks for the first time, seeing our boy’s nooks and crannies on ultrasound at 21 weeks, feeling like a mom at consignment sales

Squirming on 4D - elbow by his face


Sweet profile

Looking forward to: Passing the 24 week viability mark and acing my glucose test!
Size of Baby: About the size of a papaya
What Baby's Up To: Gaining body fat, developing neurological connections, using most of his organs


It feels great to be more than halfway to meeting my baby boy! I’m excited to get serious about preparing for his arrival.

1 comment:

  1. Such an exciting time - the first movements, then as they increase over the weeks, is the BEST! Thanks for letting us experience this with you - sort of - with this blog! Love & miss you both!!!

    ReplyDelete