Wednesday, November 20

37 (Almost 38) Weeks Pregnant

35 Weeks - the last time stuffing my
puffy calves in my favorite boots!

37 Weeks - daylight savings makes it hard
to get a photo before dark


The Bump: It's pretty huge! I know that I could be bigger, but I've definitely reached the point where nothing seems to fit me well. By the end of the day my upper belly and back are aching just from holding up my heavy bump.

How Far Along? Almost 38 Weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +37 lbs! I've gained about 12 lbs in the past 6 weeks! What?!

Maternity Clothes: I'm running out of options that fit comfortably, much less look cute. And the only shoes I can wear are tennis shoes, Toms, and flip flops (too bad it's almost Thanksgiving). I only have two days of work left and then I think it's gonna be all sweats, all the time!

Baby Related Purchases: We bought a few essentials that we didn't get from showers and have finished buying for the nursery. We just have to finish hanging a few things and we'll be done!


A sneak peek of the nursery - more to come later

Stretch marks: Somehow I haven't gained any so far! I was sure I would.

Sleep: I usually do well, but sometimes I wake up a few hours early and can't get back to sleep. I'm looking forward to sleeping in starting Saturday and lasting till our sweet boy is here!

Movement: Some days I only feel a few stray kicks or hiccups and other days it feels like he's trying to bust his way out. It's amazing how much longer he is now. I can feel him hiccup, punch, and kick all over my abdomen at the same time.

He loves to keep his hands in front of his face. At every ultrasound
we've had to wait for him to move for a picture!


Look at that mischievous grin!

What I miss: Having energy. And not being hot and sweaty all the time.

Cravings: Cottage cheese with pineapple, any type of sweets, and Dole orange, pineapple, and banana juice - I'm rationing myself so I don't turn into a whale!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Braxton Hicks contractions. When they come on I just want to curl up on the couch (and hurl).

Gender: It's a BOY!!!

Labor Signs: The doctor said I'm 1 cm dilated and plenty effaced. I've lost my mucous plug, which I've always thought is a seriously gross thing to share with other people, but I'm excited! Haha. I had lots of Braxton Hicks with nausea and crampiness on Sunday and Monday, but I've only had a few since then. 

Symptoms: Pelvic joint pain, which was excruciating for about a week, but has gotten much better. Swelling, heartburn, random aches and pains.

Belly Button In or Out? In and staying the same. Even as my belly gets bigger my belly button seems determined to stay in. It gives my belly a funny dented shape.

Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm excited, but sometimes I forget that this is all for a baby. Sometimes it just feels like my body is falling apart! Also, leaving work on Friday is going to be a big mix of happy and sad.

Worries: Getting the house clean before he comes. Thankfully I'll have time off unless he comes early.

Best moments this month: Diaper shower and other fun with coworkers, good times with church friends, doing things around the house with Michael and going to see West Side Story. 




2nd Annual Haunted Hayride

Pumpkin carving at Brandi's house


Halloween at work with Bethany

Our last lazy weekend with just the two of us (and Fitz!)


My preggo work buddies - one down, two left to deliver!



Looking forward to: Meeting our sweet boy! Also, holidays and visits from family.

Size of Baby: About the size of a watermelon!

What Baby's Up To: Gaining weight, shedding lanugo and vernix, making lung surfactant, practicing breathing, sucking, and swallowing.

I can't believe he could come any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment